The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father & of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit is the Helper, the Comforter.
Jesus revealed God’s perfect plan for mankind, recorded in John. He spoke about the Helper four times, in John 14, 15 & 16.
The name “Helper” is also translated Comforter, Counselor, Advocate, Intercessor.
“Helper” in the Greek is paráklētos, or paraclete, which means “One called alongside to help.”
The four times Jesus spoke about the Helper:
1. “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper” (John 14:16).
2. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name” (John 14:26).
3. “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father” (John 15:26).
4. “If I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you” (John 16:7).
1. Jesus prays, the Father sends the Helper.
2. The Father sends the Helper in Jesus’ name.
3. Jesus sends the Helper from the Father.
4. Jesus sends the Helper.
These four revelations coincide with the four phases of knowing God:
1. Born again (John 3:3)
2. Born of water and the Spirit (John 3:5-8), also called the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
3. Drink living water, it becomes a fountain springing up into everlasting life (John 4:13-14), also called the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
4. Come to Jesus, drink the living water, believe in Him, rivers of living water will flow out of your innermost being (John 7:37-38), the anointing.
Jesus said: 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you” (John 16:12-15).