Examples of God’s Giving Nature – John 17
1. “Glorify Your Son” – God gives glory to Jesus (John 17:1).
2. “that Your Son also may glorify You” – Jesus gives glory to the Father (John 17:1).
3. “You have given Him authority over all flesh” – the Father has given Jesus authority over all flesh (John 17:2).
4. “He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him” – Jesus gives eternal life to those the Father has given Him (John 17:2).
5. The Father has given the saints to Jesus (John 17:2).
6. “I have glorified You on the earth” – Jesus glorified the Father while Jesus was a man on earth (John 17:4).
7. “I have finished the work which You have given Me to do” – the Father gave Jesus certain work to do (John 17:4).
8. “Glorify Me together with/alongside Yourself” – the Father has glorified Jesus alongside Himself (John 17:5).
9. “the glory which I had with You before the world was” – the Father gave Jesus glory with Himself before the world was (John 17:5).
10. “I have manifested Your name to the men . . .” – Jesus revealed and declared the Father’s name to the men the Father gave Him (John 17:6).
11. “the men whom You have given Me out of the world” – the Father gave Jesus certain men out of the world (John 17:6).
12. “Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You” – the Father has given Jesus certain things (John 17:7).
Note: “All things have been delivered to Me by My Father . . .” (Matthew 11:27).
13. “For I have given to them the words” – Jesus gave His disciples the words the Father gave Him (John 17:8).
14. “the words which You have given Me” – the Father gave Jesus words (John 17:8).
15. “And all Mine are Yours” – All of Jesus’ people are the Father’s (John 17:10).
16. “Yours are Mine” – All the Father’s children are Jesus’ children (John 17:10).
17. “these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves” – Jesus spoke His words that His men may have His joy fulfilled in themselves (John 17:13).
18. “I have given them Your word” – Jesus gave His disciples the Father’s word (John 17:14).
19. “You should keep them from the evil one” – Jesus prays that the Father would keep His disciples from the evil one (John 17:15).
20. “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth” – Jesus prays that the Father would sanctify His disciples by His truth. The Father gave the disciples His word, which is truth (John 17:17).
21. “And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth” – Jesus sanctifies Himself, that His disciples may be sanctified by the truth (John 17:19).
22. “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word” – Jesus prays for those who believe in Him through the disciples’ word (John 17:20).
23. “that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me” – Jesus prays that they may be one, as the Father is in Jesus, and Jesus in the Father; that they may be one in them, the Father and Jesus, that the world might believe that the Father sent Jesus (John 17:21).
24. “And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one” – the Father gave Jesus glory (John 17:22).
25. “The glory which You have me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one” – Jesus has given the saints the glory the Father gave Him (John 17:22).
26. “that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me” (John 17:23).
Revelations and truths within John 17:23:
1. That they may be one
2. Just as the Father and Jesus are one:
3. Jesus in the saints,
4. The Father in Jesus;
5. That the saints may be made perfect in one,
6. That the world may know that the Father sent Jesus,