The Spirit of Truth
Jesus revealed and spoke about the Spirit of truth three times. The Scripture references are:
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever – the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you” (John 14:16-17).
1. Jesus will pray to the Father
2. The Father will give us another Helper/Comforter
3. He abides with us forever
4. He is the Spirit of truth
5. The world cannot receive Him
6. Because it neither sees Him
7. Nor knows Him
8. But we know Him
9. For He dwells with us
10. And is in us
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning” (John 15:26-27).
1. The Helper is here.
2. Jesus sends Him from the Father.
3. He is the Spirit of truth.
4. He proceeds from the Father.
5. He testifies of Jesus.
6. The disciples bore witness, because they were with Jesus from the beginning.
“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come” (John 16:13).
1. The Spirit of truth guides us into all truth.
2. He does not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He speaks.
3. He tells us things to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father” (John 16:14-16).
1. The Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus
2. For He takes of what is Jesus’ and declares it to His people.
3. All things that the Father has are Jesus’.
4. Therefore Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will take of Jesus’ and declare it to His people.
5. Jesus said, “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father” (John 16:16).