The parable of the treasure hidden in a field reveals much about the Holy Spirit’s personality. He is the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Treasure Hidden in a Field
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field” (Matthew 13:44).
Jesus reveals in this parable: heaven, the presence of God and the anointing – and infinitely more.
Summary with keys to knowing God and His presence and glory:
1. The kingdom of heaven is a treasure: the presence of God and His glory is a priceless treasure, beyond any comparison.
2. The treasure was hidden in a field: God hides.
3. A man found it: a person must seek God and find Him.
4. It was one man seeking a treasure: we have the privilege of a personal, private relationship with God. To know Him and find His presence and glory, a person must have that private relationship.
5. The man hid the treasure: when someone finds His presence, they will want to keep it and protect it.
6. The treasure brings joy: the presence of Jesus Christ brings joy unspeakable and full of glory.
7. He sold everything he had and bought the field: When someone experiences God’s presence and glory, they will only want Him.
8. The man now owns the field with the treasure: he secured the treasure for himself (Amplified version).