God is merciful (Exodus 34:6-7).
Yet, most people choose self instead of God (Matthew 7:13-14).
Jesus said, “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it” (Matthew 7:13-14).
Most choose self instead of God. Most do not get saved. Some examples:
2. The people in the time of Noah
4. Sodom and Gomorrah- Abraham; 10 righteous people (Genesis 18).
5. Lot’s family warned to flee and saved; his wife looked back
7. Israel delivered
Examples of man choosing self in Jesus’ ministry as a man:
1. Jesus was rejected and killed.
2. The religious leaders, scribes and lawyers were His fiercest opponents.
3. “So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.” Matthew 13:57
4. The public did not believe that He was the Messiah, the Christ. Matthew 16:13-15
5. The public had Him crucified (Matthew 27:11-26, John 18:28- 19:16).
6. Jesus did not publicly say that He was the Christ.
7. Jesus strictly ordered His disciples that they not tell the people He was the Christ, the Messiah (Matthew 16:20).
8. Jesus even commanded the demons not to reveal that He was the Messiah (Mark 8:30).
9. Jesus explained to His disciples that the “mysteries of the kingdom” were revealed to them but not to “the rest,” that is, the public.
10. He explained that He taught the people in parables as fulfillment of prophecy in Isaiah about people not receiving and coming to God (Matthew 13)
11.He explained that He taught the people in parables as fulfillment of prophecy in Isaiah about people not receiving and coming to God. Matthew 13
12.The Foundational Parable, the Parable of the Sower. Matthew 13:1-23, Mark 4:1-20, and Luke 8:1-15