When God sent His Son to the earth, He did not hide His Son’s name.
He made His Son’s name very clear, obvious and definite.
God also made His thoughts about His Son very clear, obvious and definite.
God’s Specific Introductions and Announcements of Jesus:
1. The Annunciation: Gabriel visits Mary (Luke 1:31-35)
2. An angel appears to Joseph in a dream; “You shall call His name Jesus, for he will save His people from their sins” (Matthew 1:18-21).
3. Announcement of the birth of Jesus: An angel visits shepherds; “There is born to you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord’” (Luke 2:8-14).
4. John the Baptist announces that He is the Lamb of God and the Son of God (John 1:29,33).
5. When Jesus was baptized, God spoke audibly: “‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’” (Matthew 3:17).
6. During the transfiguration, God spoke audibly: “’This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased! Hear Him!’” (Matthew 17:6).
The name of Jesus is indeed . . . too wonderful for us to comprehend.